WHERE WE ARE
In the heart of Montepucliano, just a few steps from Piazza Grande, the main square in town, below the elegant Palazzo Ricci, a Renaissance palace commissioned by Cardinal Giovanni Ricci (1498-1574) to the great Sienese architect Baldassarre Peruzzi (1481-1536), there is the monumental Cantina de’ Ricci, one of the most ancient and beautiful in the world, which is accessed through an impressive equestrian staircase that gradually leads the visitor to the discovery of an enchanted place.
Here, for many centuries, the now extinct Ricci Family has lovingly cared and treasured one of the most demanded products of these lands: the wine.
During the winter period the opening and closing times can be varied, therefore we ask those wishing to visit our historical cellar to contact us in advance.
Cantina de’ Ricci
Via Collazzi, 7 – 53045 Montepulciano (SI) - Ph & Fax +39-0578 757166